20th Annual Western Health Care Leadership Academy
Save the date! The 20th Annual Western Health Care Leadership Academy will be May 5-7, 2017, at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. The 2017 Leadership Academy will continue its mission of providing the information and skills needed to succeed in today's rapidly changing health care marketplace. We hope you will be able to join us!
Just Announced: Featured Presenter Ira Flatow!
Award winning science correspondent and TV journalist Ira Flatow is the host of Science Friday®, heard weekly on PRI and podcast on iTunes, iOS, Android, etc. He anchors the show each Friday, bringing radio and Internet listeners world wide a lively, informative discussion on science, technology, health, space and the environment.
Mixing his passion for science with a tendency toward being “a bit of a ham,” Flatow describes his work as the challenge “to make science and technology a topic for discussion around the dinner table.” He has shared that enthusiasm with public radio listeners for more than 35 years.
Who Should Attend
- Physicians and nurses in private, group or academic practice and in administrative and management positions
- Medical practice managers
- Hospital chiefs of staff, MEC members, senior administrators and board members
- Medical group and health plan administrators and board members
- Medical and specialty society officers, executives and committee members
- Private- and public-sector health policy analysts, program administrators and consultants
- Health law attorneys
- Medical students and residents
- Consumer/patient advocates
Why You Should Attend
- Prepare for changes affecting your practice, your profession and your economic future
- Learn techniques to minimize financial risks and boost the bottom line
- Acquire skills needed to excel as a medical practice or medical staff leader
- Network with your colleagues