20th Annual Western Health Care Leadership Academy
With a dramatic shake up happening in Washington, D.C., the Western Health Care Leadership Academy is the right place and time for physician leaders who want to stay on top of policy and political changes to shape the future of health care. Register today and join us at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina May 5-7, 2017, for the West Coast's premier health care leadership conference!
Featured Presenter: Mitchell Katz, M.D.
Mitchell Katz, M.D., is the director of the Los Angeles County Health Agency, a newly created agency that combines the Departments of Health Services (DHS), Public Health and Mental Health into a single entity so as to provide more integrated care and programming within Los Angeles. The Agency has a budget of $7 billion, 28,000 employees and a large number of community partners. For the past five years Dr. Katz served as the director of Los Angeles County DHS, the second-largest public safety net system in the United States. During this time, he created the ambulatory care network and empaneled over 350,000 patients to a primary care home. He eliminated the deficit of DHS through increased revenues and decreased administrative expenses, and used new Affordable Care Act funding to pay for a modern electronic health system.
The 2017 Western Health Care Leadership Academy offers six educational tracks for easy navigation. Sessions are designed to be educational for all attendees, so mix and match workshops for a meaningful program that fits your needs!
- Running Your Practice
- Improving Quality of Patient Care
- Future Trends in Health Care
- Physician Leadership
- Organizational Leadership
- Student and Resident Future Leaders
Who Should Attend
- Physicians and nurses in private, group or academic practice and in administrative and management positions
- Medical practice managers
- Hospital chiefs of staff, MEC members, senior administrators and board members
- Medical group and health plan administrators and board members
- Medical and specialty society officers, executives and committee members
- Private- and public-sector health policy analysts, program administrators and consultants
- Health law attorneys
- Medical students and residents
- Consumer/patient advocates
Why You Should Attend
- Prepare for changes affecting your practice, your profession and your economic future
- Learn techniques to minimize financial risks and boost the bottom line
- Acquire skills needed to excel as a medical practice or medical staff leader
- Network with your colleagues