20th Annual Western Health Care Leadership Academy
With a dramatic shake up happening in Washington, D.C., the Western Health Care Leadership Academy is the right place and time for physician leaders who want to stay on top of policy and political changes to shape the future of health care. Register today and join us at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina May 5-7, 2017, for the West Coast's premier health care leadership conference!
Featured Presenter: Sherry Huang, M.D.
Sherry Huang, M.D., is the Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education at UC San Diego School of Medicine. She joined the UCSD Pediatrics Department in the Division of Gastroenterology in 2000 with a primary focus on translational research in pediatric colon cancer genetics and its pathogenesis. She remains active in the research arena, having become an important voice in the area of early risk colon cancer. She attends as a faculty physician in Pediatric GI at UC San Diego, at Rady Children’s Hospital and at the Naval Medical Center San Diego. She is also passionate about teaching and serves as mentors to many students, residents, fellows and junior faculty. Previous to her current assignment as Associate Dean, Dr. Huang served as the UCSD Pediatric Residency Program Director. In 2013, Dr. Huang was the recipient of the Rady Children’s Hospital Award for Excellence in Teaching.
The 2017 Western Health Care Leadership Academy offers six educational tracks for easy navigation. Sessions are designed to be educational for all attendees, so mix and match workshops for a meaningful program that fits your needs!
- Running Your Practice
- Improving Quality of Patient Care
- Future Trends in Health Care
- Physician Leadership
- Organizational Leadership
- Student and Resident Future Leaders
Who Should Attend
- Physicians and nurses in private, group or academic practice and in administrative and management positions
- Medical practice managers
- Hospital chiefs of staff, MEC members, senior administrators and board members
- Medical group and health plan administrators and board members
- Medical and specialty society officers, executives and committee members
- Private- and public-sector health policy analysts, program administrators and consultants
- Health law attorneys
- Medical students and residents
- Consumer/patient advocates
Why You Should Attend
- Prepare for changes affecting your practice, your profession and your economic future
- Learn techniques to minimize financial risks and boost the bottom line
- Acquire skills needed to excel as a medical practice or medical staff leader
- Network with your colleagues